Wednesday, February 13, 2008

So finally I went to the rehabilitation centre. It is not as fancy as it sounds it is mere a local clinic not far from where I live. I have been thinking of going for quite some time but with the insurance not coming through until now...well.

So why did I needed to go? I have something called Cubital Tunnel Syndrome, and no, it is not a mental illness. It is actually very physical. A nerve controlling hand movement is squished at the elbow, making my little finger and half of the ring finger numb. Furthermore I have reduced strength in my fingers. It is not as bad as it sounds but it is difficult for instance to use chopsticks.

Anyhow, at the clinic I first met a doctor who confirm my diagnosis, and then I received electric treatment, rather interesting actually. They put these things around the elbow which sends a weak current down your arm. Apparently this will help. I have only been there once, but unfortunately no change so far. They did say that I should try it for a couple of weeks going three times a week so I reckon it is too soon to say anything.

No comments: