Thursday, August 07, 2008

Hot, hot, hot.
It is really hot here now.
And no, I don't want to hear that it is hotter in other places because I would like to get some understanding and sympathy, mostly sympathy, for the hot weather here in Tokyo, the heat island. Tall buildings, loads of people and plenty of asphalt and concrete. On top of that, not many green areas, a couple of parks but that is it. Even though Tokyo, as many other cities, is a city by the sea, I have yet to see the ocean. That is not completely true, as I have seen the ocean, but it is indeed difficult to both see and feel the ocean here in Tokyo.

Anyhow, I am about to flee the country......at least for a couple of weeks. Hopefully that with cool things down a bit. But then again, coming back in the end of August.....the very same weather that I left will still be around, so it will only be a temporary improvement. The heat is here to stay at last until mid September and probably longer than that.

PUH!

No comments: